This recipe serves
Meringues au Fromage
- Egg whites pasteurised
- Sugar caster
- Sugar icing
- Fromage blanc
- Strawberries, hulled, cut into half
- Caster sugar
- Using an electric mixing machine, start whipping the egg whites.
- As the whites begin to foam continue whisking whilst gradually adding the caster sugar.
- Whisk on full speed until the meringue has reached firm peaks.
- Sieve the icing sugar over the meringue and ****fold in by hand only****
- Using a 1cm nozzle, pipe 7cm diameter balls of meringue onto a piece of silicone paper, 35g each.
- Hollow the middle using a wet teaspoon.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and cook for
- hours and 45 mins in a pre heated fan oven at 90°C
- When cooked tap the bottom of the meringue, it will be firm. If undercooked the base will collapse and break.
- Allow to cool, then place into an airtight container until required.
- Coat the strawberries with the caster sugar, allow to infuse for 60 minutes before serving. Using an electric mixing machine, start whipping the egg whites.
- Mixing machine
Regional French food
This recipe originates from:Burgundy